We invite you to consider presenting a Poster at MAP.
Poster presentations describing molecular alterations for clinical practice work in the following areas are welcome:
• Therapeutic targets in cancer
• Tumour microenvironment and treatment resistance
• New models and technologies for personalised medicine
• Treatment advances in central nervous system tumours
• Understanding the broader tumour microenvironment
• Macroevolution and impact on treatment resistance
• Personalised medicine applied to immunotherapeutics
At least one of the abstract authors must be present at the conference.
The best abstracts from young oncologists (under 40 years old) will be selected for oral presentation.
A restricted number of travel grants for MAP 2017 are available, upon application, to first author (the presenter) of candidates under the age of 40 who submit abstracts considered deserving of recognition. Selection will be made by the MAP 2017 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
1. A letter of introduction by the applicant. Please include the following general information:
• How relevant are the topics presented during the MAP conference to your current practice and research?
• Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
• How do you believe your attendance at the MAP conference will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
• How do you consider that the findings published in your abstract make a relevant contribution to the topics presented during this conference?
• Have you previously been awarded a MAP travel grant? If yes, when?
2. A copy of the submitted abstract (the applicant must be the first author and presenter)
3. A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
4. A short curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
The MAP 2017 organisers will provide the recipients of this travel grant with congress registration, two nights accommodation and a limited travel stipend.
Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in MAP 2017 by November 12, 2017.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
PUBLICATION OF ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS:
Accepted abstracts will be edited in the "Annals of Oncology" journal.
The abstract must not exceed 500 words, and should be organized as follows:
Authors’ full names and affiliations must be specified; surnames should be in capital letters.
All abstracts should be submitted in English.
A maximum of TWO abstracts from a presenter will be considered.
The scientific committee.
Deadline for submissions : August 4, 2017.